On that note, I mostly see check-lists for men moving to Japan, so I have compiled a little check-list of things that I will take.
I have two suitcases, and plan to check both. My carry-on will be a bag with my laptop, face stuff, important docs, etc. I will not take an additional carry-on because I know how much of a hassle it can be to carry a carry-on, a bag, and a suitcase on a train.
The training suitcase:
- Four suits (all pant-suits since there will be kids training involved and it's winter).
- Four work shirts (consisting of button down, and blouses).
- One pair of pumps.
- One pair of slippers (the training house should have some, but mine are warm).
- Two or three outfits (for when I am not in a suit).
- One pair of flats.
- Pajamas (which consists of pants and T-shirt for me. No matching nonsense).
- Heavy coat.
- Any other bathroom stuff (such as face-wash, flat-iron, etc.).
- A notebook and pens.
I really don't have a whole lot of stuff, which is why I am going to throw in my flat-iron. Girls have to look nice, and I have that annoying wavy-hair that doesn't look nice without some playing with it.
The suitcase that will be sent to the branch school:
- All my other clothes (which really isn't a lot... lame, I know).
- My snack stuff that will be my gifts.
- All my other shoes (I am only gonna choose a few...).
- Yukata (I plan to wear it to matsuri in the summer).
- A few other personal things (sentimental whatevers etc.)
- Extra supplies of deodorant, razors, etc.
- AEON related materials
- Important documents.
- Eye mask
- Make-up bag
That about sums it up. I am not very materialistic, and don't have a lot of photo albums, and stuff like that. The material things that I own that are most important are my electronics (design major, remember?). Although, I MIGHT throw my PS2 in there if there is room. It's the small one, not the giant one, and very compact. But then again, I could also just have my parents send it to me later if I really wanted it.
I have a feeling that everything would actually fit in one suitcase. Which is good, cause I can just split it up and have half the weight. :D
This will probably be my last update until I get to Japan, so: